A chronic, non-healing wound is one that does not heal in six to eight weeks with traditional wound care. More than 5 million Americans suffer from non-healing wounds, which can cause serious infections, illness and loss of a limb.
Symptoms of Chronic Wound
- Persistent, increased pain in the area of the wound
- Discoloration of the wound near the edges of the wound – often a dark or bluish color
- Increased drainage from the wound
- Redness or swelling around or spreading away from the wound
- A foul odor coming from the wound